Lab Supervisor - College of Engineering
Closure Date: Oct 06, 2023
Reference Number: 224
Location: Al Ain
Qualification: Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
The College of Engineering in Al Ain University is seeking to hire a Lab Supervisor to serve its
Civil Engineering program at Al Ain campus.
The purpose of the Lab Supervisor's role is to provide assistance to students on their lab courses,
have the labs fully operational, assist students in the learning process, and assist the AA Civil
Engineering program in its smooth operation.
- Conduct tests related to Materials, Soil & Fluid Mechanics, Environmental and Surveying Labs.
- Obtains and prepares soil and concrete samples for testing and evaluation, and conduct mix
- designs and lab experiments using a variety of pre-established and/or devised methods, techniques, and equipment.
- Oversees the preparation and maintenance of various equipment, instructional media and other materials used for class exercises and demonstrations.
- Communicates and coordinates with faculty, staff and students regarding lab resources and procedures.
- Implement standardized protocol and procedures such as ASTM and ACI codes, conducts a variety of complex tests and measurements on materials proposed for use in civil engineering projects; develops procedures for non-standard tests, as required.
- Oversees inventory of supplies, equipment and other materials needed for daily operations of the lab.
- Sets up, calibrates, and utilizes data acquisition/recording equipment and instrumentation; troubleshoots and repairs equipment and instruments as required.
- Responsible to record and calculate test results, using standardized methods and formulae; checks data and calculations for quality, and determines the need for a retest; analyzes data and prepares reports.
- Oversees and coordinates laboratory operations and facilities; supervises the work of engineering students and/or other technicians engaged in testing activities.
- Orders, purchases, and maintains inventories of equipment and supplies needed for testing purposes; establishes and maintains records of disposition and operating condition of test equipment.
- Provides capstone project support and support during competitions.
- Performs miscellaneous administrative-related duties as assigned.
- 2 years experience in the relevant field
- Proficiency in English language, spoken and written.
- Good command on computer skills.
- Interested candidates may send their updated CV clearly mentioning Education, Skills, and Experience.
Knowledge in standardized protocol and procedures such as ASTM and ACI codes, conducts a variety of complex tests and measurements on materials proposed for use in civil engineering projects; develops procedures for non-standard tests, as required.